Forgot your Screen Time passcode? Don’t worry, in this step-by-step guide, I’ll show you exactly how to turn off Screen Time without passcode.
Below are the methods I have tested and verified to be effective:
|1. Screen Time Passcode Recovery||Easiest and most straightforward method||Requires you to know your Apple ID and password|
|2. Erase All Content and Settings||Do not require Apple ID and passcode||Will erase all of your device data and settings|
|3. Third-party tools||No data loss||Not free (See pricing)|
Each method has its own pros and cons, so it is important to choose the method that is right for you.
Whichever method you choose, you’re guaranteed to turn off screen time without passcode using this guide.
Without further ado, let’s dive right in and get rid of that pesky Screen Time passcode!
Note: This tutorial is for the latest iOS version. The steps may vary slightly for older iOS versions, but the general process is the same.
Who Will Benefit from This Guide
This guide is meant for people who are frustrated with Screen Time and are looking for a way to disable it without knowing the password. Specifically, these people will benefit from this guide:
- Parents who have set up Screen Time for their children and have forgotten their password.
- Children and teenagers who want to bypass Screen Time restrictions set by their parents.
- Adults who have set up Screen Time for themselves and have forgotten their password.
- People who have purchased a used iPhone or iPad that has Screen Time enabled but they don’t know the password.
- People who are trying to troubleshoot Screen Time problems.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended for legitimate use only and that bypassing parental controls without permission is not recommended.
Method 1. Turn Off Screen Time using Apple ID
The easiest way to turn off Screen Time without your passcode is to change it first and then use the new passcode to turn it off. To do this, you’ll need to remember your Apple ID and password.
To turn off Screen Time using Apple ID, follow these steps:
- Step 1. Go to Settings and tap on Screen Time.
- Step 2. Scroll down to locate Change Screen Time Passcode instead of Turn Off Screen Time.
- Step 3. Select Change Screen Time Passcode and confirm that in the prompted window.
- Step 4. Tap on Forgot Passcode? and you’ll see the Screen Time Passcode Recovery screen. (Check this article if you see no option for forgot screen time Passcode)
- Step 5. Enter the Apple ID and password you used when you initially set up Screen Time.
- Step 6. Once verified, you’ll be prompted to enter a new Screen Time passcode.
- Step 7. Set a new passcode, and then use it to turn off Screen Time.
Someone claims that this method only works if you entered your Apple ID as a recovery option when you first set it up. However, the fact is you can still reset your Screen Time using your Apple ID, whether you have set it up like that or not.
Alternatively, you can sign out of your Apple ID in Settings first and then turn off Screen Time. Both methods achieve the same result, but I prefer the first method because it is more straightforward.
Method 2. Turn Off Screen Time using iTunes/Finder
Important: This method works only when the Find My feature is off on your device.
If you have unfortunately forgotten both your screen time passcode and Apple ID password, you can still turn off screen time by restoring your device using iTunes.
This method essentially resets your device to factory settings and will erase all the content and settings on your iOS device.
The good news is that you can use iTunes or iCloud to back up your device data beforehand, so that you can later restore your device from the backup.
To turn off Screen Time using iTunes, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone/iPad to a computer running iTunes.
- Step 2: Unlock your device if it is locked.
- Step 3: Open iTunes.
- Step 4: Click on the smartphone icon in iTunes.
- Step 5: Click on the “Restore iPhone” button.
- Step 6: Click on the “Restore” button again.
- Step 7: Wait for iTunes to download the iOS software for the device.
- Step 8: Once the software is downloaded, the factory reset process will automatically start.
- Step 9: After the process is complete, set up your iPhone from scratch, and choose to restore from iCloud or iTunes during the setup.
It’s worth noting that the restoration from iCloud or iTunes could take extremely long time and neither of them can back up the full content of your iPhone.
If you’re seeking a quick solution and want to ensure the security of all your data, proceed to Method 3 and try a third-party tool.
Method 3. Turn Off Screen Time using Third-Party Tools
While numerous iPhone unlock tools claim to disable screen time without passcode, Tenorshare 4uKey stands out as the most effective option, as it safeguards your data and offers a user-friendly interface.
That being said, I still recommend making a backup of your iPhone in case of any unexpected issues.
To turn off Screen Time using 4uKey, follow these steps:
- Step 1. Download and install Tenorshare 4uKey on your computer.
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and tap “Trust” on the prompt on your device.
- Step 3. Launch Tenorshare 4uKey and select the “Remove Screen Time Passcode” option from the main interface.
- Step 4. Click the “Start Remove” button to begin removing the Screen Time passcode.
- Step 5. Wait for the process to complete, which should take only a few minutes.
- Step 6. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device and avoid data loss.
Once finished, your Screen Time passcode will be removed and you will be able to get rid of Screen Time with no data loss.
In addition to bypassing Screen Time passcode, 4uKey can also unlock iPhone/iPad/iPod without passcode and remove Apple ID and MDM without password.
Screen Time is a great feature for managing your screen time, but it can be frustrating if you forget your passcode. Fortunately, there are a few ways to turn off Screen Time without passcode.
In this article, we’ve shown you three safe and effective ways to turn off Screen Time without entering passcode.
If you know your Apple ID and password, then Screen Time Passcode Recovery is the easiest and most recommended method.
If you don’t know your Apple ID or password, or if you need to completely erase your device, then you can use the Erase All Content and Settings method. If you are willing to take the risk, you can also use a third-party tool to remove your Screen Time passcode.
We hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Additionally, if you found this article helpful, please share it with your friends and family who may also need to turn off Screen Time without passcode.