We produce tons of messages on SMS and MMS platforms every single day but unfortunately, most messaging apps don’t support printing out text threads whether for personal or legal use. For those who want to print text messages from Android for permanent records or for court, this article is right for you.
Typically, you can print text messages from Android devices directly or with the help of a computer, which depends on your device and printer type. Each way comes with multiple methods, thus you can simply choose one according to your conditions and needs.
Without further ado, now let’s dive in!
- Part 1. How to Print Text Messages from Android Directly
- Part 2. How to Print Text Messages from Android to Computer
- Part 3. How to Print Text Messages from Android for Court
- Part 4. FAQs about How to Print Text Messages from Android
Part 1. How to Print Text Messages from Android Directly
There are three free ways to print text messages from Android directly if the following prerequisites are met.
- Your Android device must have printing services.
- Make sure your Android device can connect to the printer.
If you can meet the above two requirements, there are 3 easy ways for you to print text messages directly from Android phones and tablets.
Method 1. Print Text Messages from Android with Emails
The easiest way to print your text messages from Android is to copy and paste the conversations into an email and then send that email to yourself.
If your Android phone has previously connected to a printer by connecting to the same WiFi with the printer, you can directly print the email from your device by tapping on the Ellipsis icon and selecting Print in the prompted menu.
This method can not only print text messages but also some multimedia files like photos and stickers. However, as date & time stamps are non-copyable, you have to add them manually if they are important to you.
To print text messages from Android with dates and times and pictures, you can move to the next method.
Method 2. Print Text Messages from Android with Screenshot
If you want to print text messages the way they are, taking a screenshot of the messages and then printing the screenshot can help you do that. This method works for people who want to print few messages or people who need to print text messages from Android for court.
Below are the general steps to screenshot and print text messages for most Android devices, including Samsung Galaxy, ZTE, Google Pixel, Sony Xperia Z, Motorola, HUAWEI, hTC, and LG phones.
- Step 1. Press the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously to take a screenshot.
- Step 2. Locate the screenshot in your album.
- Step 3. Tap on the Share icon.
After that, there come two options: 1) directly print out the screenshot. 2) email the screenshot or send it to a cloud storage service like Google Drive, then open and print it as a PDF file.
Method 3. Print Text Messages from Android with SMS Backup+
SMS Backup+ is an app to save and print text messages from Android for free, which is available in the Google Play app store. To use this app, you should first connect your Gmail account to it, then you can choose to back up your SMS, MMS, and call history to your Gmail and print them from there.
Steps to print text messages from Android with SMS Backup+
- Step 1. Download SMS Backup+ from the Google Play app store.
- Step 2. On the main interface, switch on “Connect” and log in with your Gmail account.
- Step 3. After that, go to Advanced settings > Backup settings and tick what you want to backup.
- Step 4. Go back to the main interface and click on the BACKUP button to initiate the process.
- Step 5. Open your Gmail account to receive and print your text messages.
Compared with the above two methods, SMS Backup+ is better at printing an entire text conversation and printing text messages from Android in bulk but the bad news is you have no choice but to back up all your messages.
Part 2. How to Print Text Messages from Android to Computer
Below are two effective ways to print text messages from Android to computer if your device doesn’t support a printing service or you don’t have a cloud printer.
- You need to download third-party software.
- Your computer is connected to a local printer.
Method 1. Print Text Messages from Android with AnyDroid [Recommended]
To print text messages from Android to computer in bulk with dates and times and pictures, I would highly recommend iMobie AnyDroid for the following reasons:
- AnyDroid enables you to print text messages from Android to both Mac and Windows.
- Not only can you transfer text messages from Android to computer with dates and times, but also attached media files like photos and videos.
- It enables you to print the entire conversation.
- You can search and select to print specific messages.
- It is super easy to use and is a hundred percent safe and legit.
Here’s how to print text messages from Android with AnyDroid:
- Step 1. Download and install iMobie AnyDroid on your computer and connect your Android device to your computer.
- Step 2. Select Messages on the main interface.
- Step 3. Preview and select which messages you want to print out, then click the computer icon to transfer them to the computer.
You can choose in which file format you want to export the messages. After that, you can simply open the exported messages on your Mac or PC and print it out.
Besides, AnyTrans also supports doing the following things:
- Transfer contacts, messages, call logs, and calenders from Android to computer.
- Transfer photos and videos from computer to Android phones wirelessly.
- Sync content from Android to Android and iOS to Android.
- Organize and categorize Android files on a computer.
If you find the messages you want to print have already been deleted or lost, instead of using iMobie AnyDroid, you should try iMobie PhoneRescue to restore your messages to your device or computer and then print them off.
Method 2. Print Text Messages from Android with Your Phone Companion App
Your Phone Companion app is developed by Windows and can help you access your Android or iPhone messages on computer. If this app is not pre-installed on your computer, you can free download it from Microsoft Store. After running this app on your computer, follow the steps below to print text messages from Android.
- Step 1. Select the Android option on the main interface.
- Step 2. Open the Your Phone Companion app on your Android device and scan the QR code displayed on the computer screen to link your device to the computer. This app can be downloaded from the Galaxy or Play Store.
- Step 3. Give the app permission to access context on your Android.
- Step 4. After a successful connection, click the Messages button and it will load all the recent messages from your Android.
- Step 5. Scroll to the area that you would like to print and take a screenshot of it.
- Step 6. Print the screenshot using your local printer.
As you can see, this method is a little complex and doesn’t seem convenient in the end. However, it is free to use and suitable for all Android devices and tablets. If you are on a tight budget and don’t mind the complexity, it is still a good choice.
Part 3. How to Print Text Messages from Android for Court
Mobile phones have become the main platform for daily communication. As a result, there rises a need to print text messages from Android for court. To make your evidence as credible as possible, you should make sure the printed text messages include the following elements:
- Date & Time stamps.
- Contact name and profile picture.
- Attached photos.
With all things considered, I think the best practice is to print text messages from Android with AnyDroid. AnyDroid comes at a small amount of money but except for that, it is perfect to print text messages from Android for court, especially when you need to print lots of text messages.
Not only that, AnyDroid is an all-in-one Android data management tool. You can use it to transfer and print all your personal data, including contacts, messages, call log, calendar, as well as app data and attachments, which you may also need for court.
Part 4. FAQs about How to Print Text Messages from Android
1. Is there a way to print an entire text conversation?
Yes, there is. The easiest way is to take a scrolling screenshot of the conversation and print it out.
2. How do I download an entire text conversation on Android?
There are three ways to download an entire text conversation on Android.
- Way 1. Download an entire text conversation with Email (See Method 1 in Part 1).
- Way 2. Download an entire text conversation with Screenshot(See Method 2 in Part 1).
- Way 3. Download an entire text conversation with Apps (See Part 2).
3. How do I print text messages from my Samsung Android phone?
Generally speaking, you can print text messages from Samsung Android phones using email, screenshots, or third-party apps. Scroll up to check the detailed steps of each method.
4. What is the easiest way to print text messages from Android?
The easiest way to print text messages from Android is to copy and paste the messages into an email and then print out that email.
5. How to print text messages from Samsung for court?
The perfect way to print text messages from Samsung for court is to print text messages using iMobie AnyDroid. AnyDroid not only supports printing messages but also contacts, call history, calendar, and third-party app messages & attachments. With it, you can choose to either print a section of a conversation or an entire conversation.
6. Is there an app to print out text messages?
There are lots of apps that can print out text messages from Android. The most recommended are SMS Backup+, SMS to Text, and Text to Email.
7. How to print text messages from Android with Verizon?
You can directly contact Verizon and let them assist you to print text messages from your Android phone. Or you can try the above indiscriminate methods to print text messages from any Android.
8. How to print text messages from Android phone to HP printer?
To print text messages from your Android phone to an HP printer, you should first make sure your Android phone provides a printing service and then connect your HP printer and Android phone to the same WiFi.
9. How to print text messages from Android Hangouts?
You can simply print text messages from Android Hangouts with email and screenshots (scroll up to see details). They are universal methods to print all SMS and MMS messages and attachment files. But if you want to save and print all your messages, you need the help of a third-party app like SMS Backup+. You can scroll up to see how to use it.
To conclude, there are multiple methods available for printing text messages from Android and each comes with its own pros and cons. Simply choose the one that suits you the best and kindly let us know how it works for you in the comment section! If you know of an easier way, please also let us know below!